- Mailing list — ask questions on http://groups.google.com/group/rethinkdb.
- IRC — the dev team hangs out in #rethinkdb on freenode. Drop in and get answers in realtime.
You can also browse IRC logs at http://irclogger.com/.rethinkdb/
- Issue tracker — submit bug reports, suggest features, and track progress on https://github.com/rethinkdb/rethinkdb/issues.
Recent talks and videos
Secondary indexes in RethinkDB 1.5: a quick introduction by Slava Akhmechet ( )
What is RethinkDB?: The best of RethinkDB in under two minutes ( )
RethinkDB screencast: a ten minute guided walkthrough ( )
Tech talk at Walmart Labs: Bill Rowan and Slava Akhmechet ( )
Query languages and DSLs in Ruby: Michael Lucy ( )
- Twitter — tweet @rethinkdb with questions and bug reports, and follow for updates
- Blog — if you prefer more details than can fit into 140 characters, read our blog
You can get an idea of what other community members have been working on by checking the RethinkDB community contributions wiki. You're welcome to add your projects to that page.
Here are more ideas on how you can help:
- Spread the word — tweet about RethinkDB, write a blog post about your experience, or do a talk at your local user group.
- Suggest improvements — a really easy way to help is to submit a bug report or a feature suggestion.
- Help answer questions — hang out on the mailing list and #rethinkdb on freenode IRC and help answer questions.
- Improve documentation — please suggest corrections or improvements to the documentation— every detail helps improve user experience.
Hack on the database
- Write a new driver — no ReQL driver for your favorite language? Help write one! Hop on the mailing list or #rethinkdb on freenode, and we'll walk you through the driver protocol API.
- Work on the engine — fork the code on github and hop on the mailing list or #rethinkdb on freenode. We have a lot to talk about :)
- Improve admin web UI — if CoffeeScript and CSS is more up your alley than C++, you can help improve the web UI. Fork it here: https://github.com/rethinkdb/rethinkdb/tree/next/admin.
Note: before we can accept your pull requests, please sign the contributor agreement.